Maintenance Technician - 1st Shift
Rowman & Littlefield is looking for a Maintenance Technician to fill our full-time, 1st shift position and will be responsible for providing facility and equipment maintenance.
- Performs preventative and corrective maintenance on conveyor system.
- Assembles, installs, and repair warehouse racking systems and equipment.
- Installs and repairs facility electrical systems and equipment.
- Performs general facility repairs including mechanical, plumbing, carpentry, and electrical.
- Assists contract employees with major projects.
- Maintains maintenance logs on all equipment.
- Performs preventive maintenance and repairs for Order Pickers, Reach Trucks and Rolling Equipment.
- Monitors all facilities and equipment for safe operation.
- Operate snowplow and other equipment to maintain parking area and sidewalks in winter.
- On-call for weekend or after normal weekday work hours after 5:00pm for maintenance emergencies as assigned by Facilities Manager.
- Maintain a valid driver’s license.
- High School-GED and or Technical school graduate OR 1-2 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience in:
- Conveyor preventive maintenance.
- Electrical wiring and schematics.
- Conveyor controls Input/Output.
- Fire pump room mechanical operation.
Work Environment & Physical Demands:
The following summary is representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 70 pounds. The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
About Our Company:
Rowman & Littlefield is an independent publisher with an outstanding reputation. Headquartered in Maryland, R&L also has offices in New York City, Connecticut, Massachusetts.
Rowman & Littlefield
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or veteran status. Please refer to www.rowman.com/Page/HR for Rowman & Littlefield’s Equal Employment Opportunity-Affirmative Action Policy Statement, as well as additional information relating to equal opportunity employment.