Associate Production Editor
Location: Colorado, Remote
The Rowman & Littlefield Publishing Group is seeking an associate production editor for its busy editorial production department. This position will work independently to annually produce 55–65 books from manuscript to bound book/eBook. For the right candidate, this position can be remote.
Please note: This is a project management/editing job, not a writing job. While strong written communication skills are essential, writing is not a component of the position.
- Managing 15–20 books at varying stages of production—adhering to production schedules; reviewing the quality of the manuscripts; hiring copy editors, proofreaders, and indexers and reviewing their work; making masters and checking proofs; editing cover copy and reviewing cover proofs; and preparing jobs for manufacturing
- Acting as point of contact for all parties affected by the book and its schedule—acquisitions, authors, typesetters, designers, vendors, marketing/publicity, manufacturing, and so on
- Maintaining timely reporting and record keeping
- Obtaining CIP data and copyright registration
- 3–5 years of book production experience
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong communication, organizational, and time-management skills
- Familiarity with XML coding
- Good working knowledge of MS Office suite and Adobe Acrobat
About Our Company
An independent publisher with an outstanding reputation, Rowman & Littlefield publishes innovative, high-quality college texts, provocative and timely titles for general readers, and professional and scholarly books throughout the humanities and social sciences. The company is headquartered in Lanham, Maryland and has additional offices in Connecticut, Massachusetts and Pennsylvania.
Rowman & Littlefield
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with a disability to participate in the application process and to perform the essential functions of the job.