Associate Marketing Manager
Rowman & Littlefield is seeking an Associate Marketing Manager to work on its academic channel. The Associate Marketing Manager will be responsible for all marketing duties for the Rowman & Littlefield imprint targeting academic libraries and professors. Core duties include producing, implementing, and tracking print and digital campaigns to achieve company sales goals and engaging with customers. Other duties include updating databases with marketing campaign information, researching, and compiling mailing lists, and assisting with monthly reports. The successful candidate will report to the Executive Channel Manager and will be based at the company’s headquarters in Lanham, MD.
- Planning, implementing, and tracking all direct marketing (approx. 30 catalogs and brochures per year) for the assigned imprints, including cost estimation and budget management
- Researching mailing lists for print and digital campaigns
- Working closely with Editorial and Creative Services Team on the creation of promotional materials
- Working with the Strategic Engagement Team for planning and implementation of e-marketing campaigns
- Participating in bi-monthly Editorial Board Meetings
- Creating and managing bespoke promotional collateral for authors as needed
- Drafting annual direct mail budget
- Promoting R&L products at several scholarly and library conferences and events annually (in-person and virtual)
- Customer engagement activities
- Other duties as assigned in support of the academic library channel
- B.A. or B.S. degree in marketing, communication, or related field
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently. Must be a self-starter.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize a large volume of projects.
- Experience using Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Acrobat
- Two or more years of marketing experience, preferably at a publishing house.
- Travel – once in-person conferences resume after the pandemic, several trips per year within the US and Canada
About our company
An independent publisher with an outstanding reputation, Rowman & Littlefield publishes innovative, high-quality college texts, provocative and timely titles for general readers, and professional and scholarly books throughout the humanities and social sciences.
Rowman & Littlefield
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. Please refer to www.rowman.com/Page/HR for Rowman & Littlefield’s Equal Employment Opportunity–Affirmative Action Policy Statement, as well as additional information relating to equal opportunity employment.