Assistant Digital Publishing Representative
Rowman & Littlefield seeks a detail-oriented, fast-learning candidate for our entry-level Digital Publishing Representative position. This representative will report to the assistant manager of electronic publishing in preparing and distributing e-books for hundreds of new titles annually; interfacing with e-book vendors such as Amazon, Apple, Barnes & Noble, and Google; trouble-shooting and problem-solving when e-books fail to appear for sale or function properly; as well as regular auditing and reporting on the status of currently published e-books. This position is located at the company’s Lanham, Maryland headquarters.
- Assist client publishers by working with e-book vendors to manage the preparation of publication-ready e-books from print materials; prepare title-level metadata; as well as advise and educate clients regarding e-publishing best practices
- Work with outside vendors and/or internal production team to create e-book files for backlist titles, new title acquisitions, and special-case front-list titles
- Coordinate the distribution of e-books and metadata, both direct to vendors and via company’s digital asset management system
- Coordinate with all major e-book vendors to maintain file integrity and address issues when e-books fail to meet vendor standards and/or do not make it through the distribution process successfully
- Regular administrative work, including processing invoices, monthly reporting, and frequent audits of live titles
- Light e-book file manipulation and editing
- Bachelor’s degree in English, library/information science, or a related field preferred
- Must be able to learn quickly on the job, juggle multiple vendors, priorities, and deadlines, as well as demonstrate excellent time-management skills and attention to detail
- Excellent communication and human relation skills
- Command of Excel, reporting, and database usage a plus
- Knowledge of HTML, XML, CSS, and/or InDesign a plus
About Our Company
An independent publisher with an outstanding reputation, Rowman & Littlefield publishes innovative, high-quality college texts, provocative and timely titles for general readers, and professional and scholarly books throughout the humanities and social sciences. Headquartered in Maryland, R&L also has offices in New York City, Boulder, Colorado, Connecticut, and London.
If you are interested in applying for this position, you can apply directly through our website at https://rowman.com/Page/HR by clicking “APPLY NOW” at the top of the page.
Rowman & Littlefield
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with a disability to participate in the application process and to perform the essential functions of the job. If you are a candidate with a disability in need of an accommodation in the application process, please send an email to email@example.com or contact:
Human Resources Manager
Please refer to www.rowman.com/Page/HR for Rowman & Littlefield’s Equal Employment Opportunity–Affirmative Action Policy Statement, as well as additional information relating to equal opportunity employment.