Rowman & Littlefield is seeking an enthusiastic and experienced Publicity Manager for our non-fiction trade and general interest books program. The publicity manager oversees the administration of the publicity process of 125 total A and B list titles throughout the year, working as the lead on A titles with support from other team members on the rest of the program.
- Design the strategic publicity campaigns for trade and general interest titles to reach traditional and modern print, online, radio, and television platforms.
- Developing and maintaining close working relationships with members of the press (broadcast, radio, print, online, trade publications, etc.); managing media lists for all core subject areas.
- Create and distribute press releases for corporate communications.
- Create press materials including print and digital galleys, press releases for ARC distribution and final copies, and email blasts to targeted media.
- Distribute weekly publicity flash for R&L trade and general interest titles; provide reporting on reviews received through the book review media.
- Engage book review media via in-person meetings, email pitches, and at annual trade shows.
- Tracking and reporting the weekly and monthly hits and coordinated publicity efforts.
- Work in concert with the channel marketing manager to amplify author efforts.
- Act as lead on all author-hired/freelance publicist interactions.
- Manage the PR inbox to ensure high-priority media requests are handled quickly.
- Use social media, virtual platforms, and other opportunities to reach new audiences of reviewers/influencers.
- Assist with arrangements at bookstores, libraries, and private and/or virtual events for author appearances for key titles.
Bachelor’s degree, preferably within the subjects of marketing and/or communications
Outstanding written and verbal communications skills
Detail-oriented with strong project management, organization, and time management skills
5-10 years of progressive, related publishing publicity experience, including experience in building publicity campaigns
About the Company
As an independent publisher headquartered in Lanham, Maryland Rowman & Littlefield has an outstanding reputation for publishing innovative, high-quality college texts, provocative and timely titles for general readers, and professional and scholarly books throughout the humanities and social sciences.
Rowman & Littlefield
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. Please refer to www.rowman.com/Page/HR for Rowman & Littlefield’s Equal Employment Opportunity–Affirmative Action Policy Statement, as well as additional information relating to equal opportunity employment.