Browse by Course
Intelligence and Security
Rowman & Littlefield
Down East Books
Rowman & Littlefield International
American Alliance of Museums
American Association of School Administrators
American Association for State and Local History
Bucknell University Press
Center for Strategic and International Studies
Council on Foreign Relations
Fairleigh Dickinson University Press
Urban Institute Press
Lehigh University Press
Library and Information Technology Association
Medical Library Association
National Association for Music Education
United States Holocaust Memorial Museum
University of Delaware Press
EXECUTIVE EDITOR, OUTDOOR MARKET (FALCON BOOKS) - G-02-16
Globe Pequot, located in Guilford, Connecticut, a trade division of Rowman & Littlefield is seeking
an Executive Editor who will be responsible for leading and managing the Outdoor Market editorial team, creating and implementing an annual, strategic publishing plan and focusing the team on market growth opportunities while consistently achieving both revenue and profit targets. This a vital leadership position that requires initiative, a disciplined focus on identifying the best opportunities for growth and partnering with the Marketing and Sales teams to develop and effectively sustain innovative and effective growth plans.
The role will focus on the following areas of responsibility: ensure the editorial team’s consistent performance in acquiring trend-setting, market-driven books within the outdoor market; drive consistent editorial category growth with a focus on brand publishing partnerships; manage the team to ensure timely frontlist acquisition while focusing on publishing high caliber books with sustained market potential; develop and implement publishing plans that fully leverage the category’s core content well; lead the on-going initiative to sustain and grow the category’s market position in the local guide market; partner with Marketing in the development and implementation of digital content partnerships that drive significant licensing income; and take responsibility for the mentoring and professional development of the Outdoor Market editorial team.
The Executive Editor will also be responsible for the acquisition and development of 15+ category and lead titles on an annual basis. The on-going development and management of strategic publishing partnerships will be an essential aspect of this role
The Executive Editor will recruit and manage a team to support these objectives while closely partnering across the organization to achieve the Outdoor Market’s publishing and revenue growth objectives. The position reports to the Publisher of Globe Pequot.
Key responsibilities include:
• Lead and manage the Outdoor Market editorial team.
• Achieve category annual growth and profit targets.
• Acquire 15+ titles each year that combine to drive GP’s market leadership and growth performance in the outdoor market.
• Oversee the management of the overall product development plan, budget and schedule.
• Drive innovation, track emerging trends and rising star talent as markets evolve.
• Sustain a thriving marketing network that informs both product and publishing decision-making.
• A proven ability to creatively create and sustain revenue and profit growth in a market category.
• 15+ years of publishing and editorial acquisitions experience.
• A market-based knowledge and seasoned level of experience in the Outdoor Market.
• A track record of building and successfully publishing a list of books in an enthusiast, category market.
• Superb communication skills and the ability to work effectively across a team and with both internal and external brand partners.
• Effective team management and mentoring experience.
• Bachelor degree.
About Our Company
Globe Pequot is an imprint of Rowman & Littlefield. An independent publisher with an outstanding reputation, Rowman & Littlefield publishes innovative, high-quality college texts, provocative and timely titles for general readers, and professional and scholarly books throughout the humanities and social sciences. Headquartered in Maryland, R&L also has offices in Guilford, CT, New York City, Boulder, CO, and London.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send a resume and cover letter (including the ad number, salary requirement, and where you learned of the opening) to Boone Soukthideth via email or post using the below contact information:
Rowman & Littlefield/Globe Pequot
c/o Human Resources
Rowman & Littlefield
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or veteran status. Please refer to
for Rowman & Littlefield’s Equal Employment Opportunity–Affirmative Action Policy Statement, as well as additional information relating to equal opportunity employment.
If you are a candidate with a disability in need of an accommodation in the application process, please contact Rowman & Littlefield’s human resources department at
View all offers
Rights and Permissions
National Book Network