Globe Pequot, a trade division of Rowman & Littlefield, is seeking an editorial assistant for its Guilford, Connecticut office. The editorial assistant will provide editorial and administrative support for non-fiction trade titles and report to the editorial director. The Globe Pequot imprint publishes regional books that embody the unique spirit of a state or region. Topics include iconic brands, travel, history, culture, food, cooking, and more.
- Reviewing and prepping manuscripts, including light editing and working with authors
- Researching photography and checking maps
- Preparing manuscript and cover transmittals for production, including assembling art, photography, maps, and permissions
- Consulting with the production department on editorial and manufacturing needs
- Drafting proposal memos for editorial board meetings
- Processing contracts and preparing payment requests
- Booking department meetings and maintaining meeting schedules
- Coordinating and shipping weekly deliveries to off-site departments
- Forwarding incoming mail, emails, and reader queries to appropriate authors or editors
- Other editorial and administrative duties as assigned
- BA or BS, preferably in English or Journalism
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong editorial prowess and an extreme attention to detail
- Exceptional organizational and project management skills
- Must be team oriented, but also able to work independently and efficiently
- Knowledge of MS Office suite (Word, Excel) and Windows
About Out Company
An independent publisher with an outstanding reputation, Rowman & Littlefield publishes innovative, high-quality college texts, provocative and timely titles for general readers, and professional and scholarly books throughout the humanities and social sciences. If you are interested in applying for this position, you can apply directly through our website at https://rowman.com/Page/HR by clicking “APPLY NOW” at the top of the page.
Rowman & Littlefield
Lanham, MD VEVRAA
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with a disability to participate in the application process and to perform the essential functions of the job. If you are a candidate with a disability in need of an accommodation in the application process, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.