Assistant Marketing Manager – Outdoor Market
Globe Pequot, the country’s leading regional and enthusiast publisher is seeking an Assistant Marketing Manager to join our team. This position is responsible for developing and executing title and category marketing plans that drive multi-channel sales and increase brand exposure/awareness in the outdoor market. This position is based at our Guilford, CT office and reports to the Marketing Director.
- Develop and execute title and category marketing plans each season
- Research, develop and execute publicity campaigns for outdoor titles, including writing and updating press releases, coordinating mailing of releases and review book copies, and creating and implementing special promotions of key titles
- Develop, maintain, and update key contacts in the media markets
- Support and coordination of author tours, including lectures, presentations, signings and media support.
- Plan and execute imprint- and title-specific social media campaigns, in collaboration with authors
- Manage and develop promotional relationships with industry and retail partners that drive revenue in key category program
- Events planning, including author receptions, book launches, and show appearances
- Coordinate with freelance publicists
- Monitor marketing trends and strategies of the outdoor industry
- Serve as primary marketing contact for authors. Keep authors informed about marketing initiatives throughout, and keep sales informed about author events/activities
- Assist with marketing materials for sell-in—i.e., sample pages, blads, bound galleys, Amazon A+ pages, among others – on schedule and on budget
- Attend industry trade shows and represent the outdoor brands
- Bachelor’s degree and 1-3 years marketing/publicity work experience
- Experience of MS Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Windows
- Knowledge in Adobe software (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Proficient in writing copy and proofreading
- Project management experience: creating, executing and tracking campaigns
- Social media proficiency
- Experience in database entry
- Knowledge of the Chicago Manual of Style and proofreading
- Enthusiastic, results-oriented self-starter
- Ability to manage multiple priorities on tight deadlines in fast-paced environment
- Ability to work in a team environment and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external customers.
- Publishing experience a plus
About Our Company:
For over sixty years, Globe Pequot, the trade division of Rowman & Littlefield, has been at the forefront of the movement to save history for future generations. Our books tell untold or little-known stories from history, celebrate the unique or iconic characteristics of specific places, and tap into local pride. We publish books about iconic brands and people, regional interest, outdoor recreation, history, lifestyle, cooking and food culture, and folklore—books that hit the intersection of a reader's interest in a specific place and their passion for a specific topic.
As an independent publisher headquartered in Lanham, Maryland Rowman & Littlefield has an outstanding reputation for publishing innovative, high-quality college texts, provocative and timely titles for general readers, and professional and scholarly books throughout the humanities and social sciences.
Rowman & Littlefield
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or veteran status. Please refer to www.rowman.com/Page/HR for Rowman & Littlefield’s Equal Employment Opportunity–Affirmative Action Policy Statement, as well as additional information relating to equal opportunity employment.