Rowman & Littlefield/National Book Network (NBN) is seeking a full-time Warehouse Worker in the Shipping and Returns Departments. NBN is one of North America’s largest distributors of independent trade book publishers. The successful candidate would report to our distribution center in Blue Ridge Summit, PA.
Responsibilities in Shipping:
- With the basic use of a computer, the candidate will:
- Consolidate tote
- Identify item and confirm quantity of orders
- Pack orders
- Determine correct shipping label and documentation for domestic and international orders
Responsibilities in Returns:
- Process individual customer returns
- Ensure customer accounts are credited for the returned books
- Accurate scanning and data entry of customer returned product in Operating system.
- Perform a quality control check, inspecting books to identify damages/defects
- Follow all Operating System Processes as outlined to avoid errors in all inventory units and monetary credit to customer accounts.
Responsibilities for Pick and Pack:
- Putting away books in the low bay area, slotting and consolidation
- State, load and unload products (books) received, and ready them to be shipped out
- Stock and maintain warehouse inventory
- Prepare and verify customer orders for shipping
- Ensure proper packaging for customer orders, preventing damaged books
- Use of the RF Scanner
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to read and understand instructions
- Ability to perform basic math computations
- Work independently and problem solve
- Start and complete assignments in a timely, unsupervised manner
- Standing/walking for long periods of time on concrete floor
- Bending, stretching, reaching, pushing, pulling, and stooping
- Must be able to work with an RF and desktop computer
- Must be capable of lifting up to 70lbs
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment
- Must be willing to be cross trained on other duties within the department/warehouse, which may require climbing stairs (working on mezzanine)
Monday – Friday, 40 hours per week (overtime as needed) 7:00am to 3:30pm
About the Company
Rowman & Littlefield—an independent publisher with an outstanding reputation—publishes innovative, high-quality college texts, provocative and timely titles for general readers, and professional and scholarly books throughout the humanities and social sciences. Headquartered in Maryland, R&L also has offices in New York City, Boulder, Colorado, Connecticut, and London.
Rowman & Littlefield
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. Please refer to www.rowman.com/Page/HR for Rowman & Littlefield’s Equal Employment Opportunity–Affirmative Action Policy Statement, as well as additional information relating to equal opportunity employment.