Imager/Finisher – 1st, 2nd, 3rd Shift
Rowman & Littlefield is looking for a quality candidate who will be responsible for the operation of bindery equipment to complete jobs produced for the digital book center. Ability to run sheet-fed imaging equipment when necessary. The DBC Imager/Finisher will work closely with team members to ensure the expedient production of books utilizing in-line workflows and employing the 5-S program and Lean manufacturing techniques.
Essential Job Functions
- Run perfect binding equipment and attached peripheral devices
- Operate sheet-fed imaging equipment
- Operate trimmers
- Case in book blocks
- Work in a safe manner following all safety procedures
- Maintain a clean work environment and participate in housekeeping
- Communicate quality concerns
- Maintain record of books produced
- Work effectively in a team environment
- Shrink wrap and pack
- Knowledge of shipping procedures
- Help maintain inventory levels
- Participate in feedback program
- Flex to assist any area
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Quality conscious
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to be self-directed
- Computer literate
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Understands digital printing and networking
This position requires you to frequently stand, walk, lift, handle, carry, push, pull and stoop. Occasionally, you may be asked to kneel, crouch and reach. Rarely, but on occasion, you may need to sit, climb, balance or crawl.
A high school diploma or GED and at least one (1) year related experience.
About Our Company
An independent publisher with an outstanding reputation, Rowman & Littlefield publishes innovative, high-quality college texts, provocative and timely titles for general readers, and professional and scholarly books throughout the humanities and social sciences. Headquartered in Maryland, R&L also has offices in New York City; Boulder, Colorado; and London.
Rowman & Littlefield
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or veteran status. Please refer to www.rowman.com/Page/HR for Rowman & Littlefield’s Equal Employment Opportunity–Affirmative Action Policy Statement, as well as additional information relating to equal opportunity employment.
Req # B-10-19