Rowman and Littlefield is looking to place equipment operators in both the Pick/Pack Department and the Returns Department. Equipment Operators work Monday-Friday from 7am-3:30pm, driving electric powered industrial trucks equipped with lifting devices to move products, equipment, or materials.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Moves levers and presses pedals to drive truck and control movement of lifting apparatus.
- Positions forks, lifting platform, or other lifting device under, over, or around loaded pallets, skids, boxes, products, or materials.
- Unloads and stacks material by raising and lowering lifting device.
- Inventories materials on work floor, and supply workers with materials as needed.
- Loads or unloads materials onto or off of pallets, skids, or lifting device.
- Understands and performs equipment safety check prior to operating equipment.
- Reports any equipment irregularities to supervisor immediately.
- Follows all safety regulations and helps maintain a safe workplace.
- Must complete and maintain OSHA approved equipment certification.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to walk and climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 70 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and high, precarious places. The employee is occasionally exposed to warm and/or humid conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Rowman & Littlefield—an independent publisher with an outstanding reputation—publishes innovative, high-quality college texts, provocative and timely titles for general readers, and professional and scholarly books throughout the humanities and social sciences. Headquartered in Maryland, R&L also has offices in New York City, Boulder, Colorado, Connecticut, and London.
Rowman & Littlefield
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. Please refer to www.rowman.com/Page/HR for Rowman & Littlefield’s Equal Employment Opportunity–Affirmative Action Policy Statement, as well as additional information relating to equal opportunity employment.