Browse by Course
Intelligence & Security
Browse by Subjects
EDITORIAL ACQUISITIONS INTERN, GLOBE PEQUOT – SUMMER 2020
Globe Pequot, a trade division of Rowman & Littlefield, is seeking interns for Summer 2020 for the Editorial Acquisitions department at our office in Guilford, CT.
Academic credit from an accredited institution of higher education must be available to all who apply for this unpaid opportunity.
Each candidate is expected to work a minimum of 10 to 12 hours per week per semester.
Students accepted will train and learn all operations of the department including, but not limited to the following:
• Reviewing book proposals and writing review summaries
• Writing tip sheets and catalog copy
• Writing and editing cover copy
• Researching talent and competition
• Reviewing manuscripts and line editing
• Assisting editors with preparing materials for editorial board
• Attending department meetings
• Completing other editorial tasks as assigned including proofreading, indexing, photo research, and more
If you are interested in applying for this internship, please send a resume and cover letter to Dawn Ennis via email at
About Our Company:
Rowman & Littlefield—an independent publisher with an outstanding reputation—publishes innovative, high-quality college texts, provocative and timely titles for general readers, and professional and scholarly books throughout the humanities and social sciences. Headquartered in Maryland, R&L also has offices in New York City, Boulder, Colorado, Connecticut, and London.
Rowman & Littlefield
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. Please refer to www.rowman.com/Page/HR for Rowman & Littlefield’s Equal Employment Opportunity–Affirmative Action Policy Statement, as well as additional information relating to equal opportunity employment.