Hamilton Books, launched in 2003, publishes a wide variety of high-quality nonfiction titles for scholarly and general interest audiences using an innovative model that combines the best features of self-publishing (quick decision making, a higher level of author control over the content, swift publication process) with the benefit of publishing with an established publishing house that will typeset, print, and market your book. Your book will be available for purchase on the Amazon and Barnes & Noble websites, as well as the rowman.com website, and most books are available as eBooks as well as in print (paperback or hardcover) form. Our books are printed on acid-free paper and have handsome full-color covers.
Submission Guidelines: Please send your proposal via email to email@example.com. Our editorial assistant will acknowledge receipt and direct the proposal to the appropriate editor, who will review your proposal within 2-4 weeks of receipt.
Your proposal must include:
- A Detailed table of contents
- One or two sample chapters (do not send the entire manuscript).
- Your current resume or curriculum vitae.
- A prospectus
Your prospectus should include:
- The proposed title of the book
- A description of the book, what makes it unique, and why you are qualified to write it.
- If you are proposing a contributed volume, please include titles, affiliations, and brief resumes for each of the contributors.
- A description of your target audience and whether or not you plan on using the book in the classroom.
- An analysis of competing or similar books (including publishers and dates).
- An indication of whether any part of your manuscript has been published previously or is going to be published soon in a forthcoming publication. If applicable, please indicate if it has been published in a different language, the specific publication or publisher who originally published the material, and a detailed description of how much and what part of the manuscript has been published previously.
- The word count or length of the manuscript in 12-point type on double-spaced 8 ½” by 11” pages, and an estimate of the number of tables, graphs, photographs, or line art the project would include (if any).
- Whether or not the manuscript is complete and an estimation of when it will be finished.
- An indication of whether the manuscript is under consideration by other publishers.