Rowman & Littlefield is seeking an Office Services Associate to receive and direct visitors, answer/direct incoming inquiries and provide light administrative support in our distribution center, located in Blue Ridge Summit, PA.
- Greets visitors and obtains name and other pertinent information, notifying appropriate individuals of visitor's arrival.
- Answers and routes calls, as necessary, to appropriate individuals.
- Accurately takes and delivers messages.
- Maintains log of all calls requiring further action.
- Accepts and signs for packages, and notifies addressee of package arrival.
- Performs a variety of routine and ad hoc clerical tasks.
- Maintains clean and orderly reception area.
- Additional administrative duties on an "as needed" basis.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 1 year of administrative experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication with customers and staff
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office - Word & Excel
- Professional demeanor
- Critical thinking
- Active listening
About Our Company
Rowman & Littlefield—an independent publisher with an outstanding reputation—publishes innovative, high-quality college texts, provocative and timely titles for general readers, and professional and scholarly books throughout the humanities and social sciences. Headquartered in Maryland, R&L also has offices in New York City, Boulder, Colorado, Connecticut, and London.
Rowman & Littlefield
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with a disability to participate in the application process and to perform the essential functions of the job. Please refer to www.rowman.com/Page/HR for Rowman & Littlefield’s Equal Employment Opportunity–Affirmative Action Policy Statement, as well as additional information relating to equal opportunity employment.