Team Lead - Returns
Rowman & Littlefield is looking to fill our open position for Team Lead in the Returns Department. This position is open to all full-time employees currently working in the distribution center. The purpose of this position is to assist the supervisor in coordinating activities for returns warehouse workers, equipment operators and processors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assigns workers to workstations or equipment to meet production requirements
- Understands and interprets the return process flow for new employees and trains new employees accordingly.
- Monitors return production and adjusts work assignments to meet daily returns production goals.
- Monitors BookMaster for returns processing accuracy and production.
- Confers with supervisor to receive instructions and exchange production information.
- Assists in training workers in equipment operation.
- Supervises the returns department in the absence of the supervisor.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws, to include:
- Training employees
- Planning, assigning and directing work
- Addressing complaints and resolving problems.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum of 6 months experience working in the distribution center
- Knowledge of processes/procedures within the returns department
- Strong team-orientation and a positive attitude
- Excellent attendance and disciplinary record
- Knowledge of basic computer skills; ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk and sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 70 lbs.
***If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit an Internal Job Application to Dawn Ennis in the Human Resources Department. It is preferred that you also complete the online application through the ADP portal under Myself>Career Center. For questions: email@example.com / 717-794-4803***
ABOUT OUR COMPANY
An independent publisher with an outstanding reputation, Rowman & Littlefield publishes innovative, high-quality college texts, provocative and timely titles for general readers, and professional and scholarly books throughout the humanities and social sciences.
Rowman & Littlefield
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. Please refer to www.rowman.com/Page/HR for Rowman & Littlefield’s Equal Employment Opportunity–Affirmative Action Policy Statement, as well as additional information relating to equal opportunity employment.