BERNAN PRESS AUTHOR RESOURCES
Publish Your Next Book with Bernan Press
We invite you to publish your next book with Bernan Press, an imprint of Rowman & Littlefield. We are actively seeking authors to publish works in the following areas:
- Environmental Science
- Occupational Safety & Health
- Emergency Management
- Homeland Security & Cyber Security
- Law & Government
- Regulatory Compliance
Bernan Press Submission Guidelines
To submit a proposal to Bernan Press, please send the following information to Mary Meghan Ryan. If you have any questions, she can also be reached by phone at 301-459-3366 Ext. 5720.
The proposal should include as much of the following information as possible:
- A description of the book.
- A statement regarding what makes it important, timely, or unique.
- A description of your target audience (general readers? undergraduate or graduate students? scholars? professionals?)
- A list of competing or similar books (including publishers and dates) and how your project differs from them.
- The length of the manuscript in word count; and if the manuscript is not complete.
- An estimation of when it will be finished.
- An annotated table of contents, including a paragraph describing each chapter, if possible.
- A curriculum vitae or resume. In short, what qualifies you to write the book you are proposing? If you are proposing a contributed volume, please include affiliations and, if possible, brief resumes for each of the contributors.
We will acknowledge receipt of a proposal within two weeks.
We look forward to hearing more about your work and are pleased to consider your book for consideration.