David S. Herrstrom is an independent scholar who has taught and lectured at various universities and museums, including Queens College (City University of New York), Monmouth University, and Drew University, as well as the Woodmere Art Museum (Philadelphia).
1. Houses of Light: The Middle Ages
2. Instrumental Light: The Renaissance
3. Untwisting the Shining Robe of Day: The Enlightenment
4. Sublime Light: The Age of Revolution
5. Fields of Light: The Age of Technology
6. Eloquences of Light: The Age of Uncertainty
7. The “Thingness” of Light: The Age of Suspicion