University Press Copublishing Division / Lehigh University Press
Trim: 6 x 9
978-1-61146-188-6 • Hardback • May 2016 • $87.00 • (£67.00)
978-1-61146-189-3 • eBook • May 2016 • $82.50 • (£63.00)
Glenn Beamer is an associate professor in the Department of Health Administration & Interprofessional Education at Seton Hall University in South Orange, New Jersey.
- The Steelworkers’ Model
- The Employee Purchase of Weirton Steel
- Resurgence & Sustenance in Bethlehem & Johnstown
- A Worker-based Model for Retirement Security
- A Worker-based Model for Community Investment
- Connecting to the Public Sector: “Ford to City: Drop Dead”
- Politics from the Ground Up
- Selected Bibliography
In this important book, Glenn Beamer explains exactly how labor built strong communities in the past—and how it might do so again in the future. Cities of Steel is forcefully written, meticulously researched and required reading for anyone concerned about America's future.
— James A. Morone, John Hazen White Professor of Political Science and Public Policy, Brown University