Trim: 6¼ x 9⅜
978-1-4985-3397-3 • Hardback • November 2016 • $122.00 • (£94.00)
978-1-4985-3398-0 • eBook • November 2016 • $110.00 • (£85.00)
Jonathan Mendilow is professor of political science and global studies at Rider University.
Ilan Peleg is the Dana Professor of Government and Law at Lafayette College.
- Introduction, Corruption and Government Legitimacy: A 21st Century Perspective
- The Rediscovery of Corruption in Western Democracies
- Are Democracies Less Corrupt than Other Systems?
- Perceptions of Corruption and Trust in Government
- Exploring Citizen’s Perceptions of Political Finance and Political Corruption: Lifting the Lid on Legal corruption in Spain
- Clientelism, Corruption, and the Concept of Anti–System Parties
- Perceptions of Corruption in the Nonprofits Gray Zone
- How Do CEOs and Entrepreneurs Perceive Corruption in Brazil?
- The US supreme Court and the Fight Against Corruption
- Sociogenesis and political Uses of Ethics Policies: the Examples of France and Canada
- Transparency as a political issue in contemporary Russia
- Anti –Corruption, Power Struggles, and the Rule of Law in China: Xi Jinping’s “Tigger Killing “ Campaign
- Confusions and Disagreements about the Rotten in Politics.
Jonathan Mendilow and Ilan Peleg have brought together a collection of work from scholars around the world that is up to date, varied, informative about the most recent scandals and conceptually rich.
— Michael Pinto-Duschinsky, President, Research Committee on Political Finance and Political Corruption, International Political Science Association