This guide features concise descriptions and maps for 50 beautiful hikes throughout Colorado. Hikers of all levels can enjoy beautiful views, get fit in the outdoors, and learn about the region’s history.
Hiking Colorado provides the latest information to plan a customized trip:
• Popular and lesser-known hikes
• Full-color photos, maps, and trailhead GPS
• Insightful hike overviews, details on distance, difficulty, accessibility, and more.
This guide takes you from the trailhead to:
• Find hikes suited to any ability
• Experience the thrill of exploring new landscapes and viewing wildlife
• Discover alpine lakes, spectacular mountain views, and much more.
Sandy Heise has lived in Colorado for most of her life and enjoys exploring its many outdoor treasures in all seasons. She has hiked hundreds of Colorado's trails, including most of the Colorado Trail and 52 of the 54 peaks over 14,000 feet. Sandy has also trekked and climbed in mountain ranges around the world. She's a longtime volunteer for the Colorado Mountain Club where she has been a course instructor, trip leader, and council member. Sandy lives in Boulder, Colorado.