Rowman & Littlefield Publishers
Trim: 15¼ x 19¾
978-1-4422-5375-9 • Hardback • 2 vol set • June 2016 • $427.00 • (£331.00)
978-1-4422-5376-6 • eBook • June 2016 • $405.50 • (£315.00)
Table of Contents:
About the Captions
Compositae. Beginning with Inula and ending with Sonchus.
From the foreword: As an intrepid botanist in the field, a disciplined taxonomist at her desk, a gifted artist at the easel, and a self-taught scholar during a period when women’s opportunities for advanced learning were limited, Furbish’s life and career are worthy of careful examination.
— Richard H. F. Lindemann, Bowdoin College Library, director emeritus, George J. Mitchell Department of Special Collections & Archives
From the introduction: She was a woman both of her time and ahead of her time, leading the way for other women in botany.
— Melissa Dow Cullina, Coastal Maine Botanical Gardens
• Kate Furbish was among the founding members of the Josselyn Botanical Society.
• Kate Furbish was the first woman to contribute to the New England Botanical Club journal, Rhodora (established in 1899).
• This set is the first major retrospective publication of her work and includes more than 1,000 works never seen outside the Bowdoin College library.
• Includes common and Latin names and a comprehensive index.
• Plants and Flowers of Maine: Kate Furbish's Watercolors comes in three formats:
This shrink-wrapped edition is available for $350.00. Use ISBN 9781442253759 when ordering. Terms are non-returnable; also, if you place your order on the Rowman website, a customer service specialist will contact you with shipping costs.
ALSO available is a collectible limited deluxe edition of 75 numbered copies, signed by Richard H. F. Lindemann, presented with forest green cloth and hand bound spine for $750.00. Use ISBN 9781442253735 when ordering. Terms are non-returnable; also, if you place your order on the Rowman website, a customer service specialist will contact you with shipping costs.
An eBook edition is also available from rowman.com or your preferred eBook vendor.Use ISBN 9781442253766 when ordering.
• Bowdoin College's portion of the proceeds from the sale of this book will fund the conservation of Kate Furbish’s original watercolors.