Walk through America's most sacred ground and come to know the people and events that have shaped history
Known for its more than 300,000 graves and for iconic monuments including the John F. Kennedy gravesite and the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, Arlington National Cemetery is one of America's most important historical landmarks. This book brings you face-to-face as never before with the people and events that have shaped its history. It features:
- An introduction that sets Arlington National Cemetery in historical context
- A timeline that adds further texture to the history described
- A historical tour of key graves, including concise biographies of those who rest there
- Nearby places to stay, eat, and visit
- Archival and color photos throughout
- Two PopOut maps—an archival map, and another showing the cemetery today
About the Timeline series
These one-of-a-kind books bring you face to face with the people and events that have shaped American history and who have left their mark on some of the nation's most important historical landmarks and locations.
James C. Bradford, an associate professor of history at Texas A&M University, is the editor of numerous books, including A Companion to American Military History and Atlas of American Military History.