Following up on the phenomenal success of their backcountry ski and backpacking books, Allen O'Bannon and Mike Clelland here provide a thoroughly revised and updated edition of their likewise popular Allen & Mike's Really Cool Telemark Tips, which first appeared in 1998. For anyone who's ever yearned to master the subtleties of the telemark turn, this book includes more than 120 clear, concise telemark tips complemented by often hilarious and always helpful illustrations. For beginners and experts alike, it is a must for tele-skiers who really want to shred.
- New total is 123 tips.
- Old total was 109 tips.
- Authors NIXED 19 tips, they just weren't relevant in 2008.
- 90 tips are essentially the same.
- Authors added 33 new tips, each with a new cartoon.
- The entire text was substantially tweaked/refined & updated. Every single tip, nothing was spared.
- ALL of the art has been tweaked and revised. Alas, some so minimal that nobody will notice.
- In the decade since it's original publication, telemark skiing has evolved enormously. It's entered a MODERN era. The revisions in this updated edition reflect the new gear, the new teaching, and the totally new STYLE of tele-skiing.